As a human being, I understand the significance of breast surgery in enhancing one’s appearance and confidence. However, I also understand the importance of ensuring the safety of the procedure, especially when it comes to implant choices. For those who are considering textured breast implants, it’s important to know which ones are the safest options available.
Here are some of the top choices:
- Mentor MemoryGel Xtra: These implants have a highly cohesive gel filling that ensures implant stability and maintains the shape of the breast. They also come with a unique texture that reduces the chances of implant displacement or rotation. Additionally, these implants have a low complication rate and have been approved by the FDA.
- Sientra HSC+ Textured: These implants have a unique texture that promotes tissue adherence, leading to a more natural-looking result. They also have a durable shell that minimizes the risk of implant rupture. These implants were approved by the FDA in 2019, and studies have shown their safety and effectiveness.
- Allergan Natrelle Textured: These are one of the most popular textured implants on the market, with a long track record of safety and success. They have a fine texturing that minimizes implant movement and rotation, and the cohesive filler ensures they retain their shape.
- Ideal Implant: This implant is unique in that it is a structured saline implant, making it a safer option for those who prefer saline over silicone. It has a series of nested shells that give it a natural feel and a lower rupture rate than traditional saline implants. Ideal Implants have been tested extensively and shown to be both safe and effective.
- Motiva ProgressiveGel Ultima: These implants have a cutting-edge design that combines safety with an attractive appearance. The high-strength gel filler ensures that the implants maintain their shape, while the nanotextured surface promotes tissue integration, minimizing the risk of implant displacement or rotation. The implants also have a low complication rate.
- GC Aesthetics Eurosilicone Textured: These implants are known for their safety and durability, with a high rupture resistance and low complication rate. The textured surface helps the implant stay in place and reduces capsular contracture. The Eurosilicone Textured implants come in a variety of sizes and profiles, ensuring each patient can choose the implant that best suits their needs.
- B-Lite Lightweight Breast Implant: These are a relatively new option that has gained popularity due to their light weight and safety. They have a unique design that uses microsphere technology to significantly reduce the weight of the implant, ensuring a faster and more comfortable healing process. They also have a textured surface that helps reduce implant movement.
- Motiva Ergonomix: These implants have a teardrop shape that provides a more natural-looking result. They use advanced silicone gel that adapts to the patient’s movements and contours, ensuring a natural look and feel. The implant’s surface is textured to help prevent rotation and ensure a stable implant position.
- Polytech Polytex: These implants combine safety with a natural-looking result. They have a unique, microtextured surface that promotes tissue adherence and reduces the risk of implant movement. The cohesive gel filler helps the implant maintain its shape and minimizes the risk of rupture.
- Nagor Impleo and Resilience: These implants are designed with safety in mind, with a low rupture rate and a low risk of complications. The textured surface helps keep the implant in place and promotes tissue adherence, and the cohesive gel filler ensures the implant maintains its shape. Nagor implants are available in a variety of sizes and profiles, ensuring each patient can choose the implant that best suits their needs.
When considering breast surgery with textured implants, it’s important to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon. They can help you choose the safest implant option for your needs and ensure that the surgical procedure is performed safely and effectively. Additionally, always make sure to closely follow the post-operative instructions to ensure a smooth recovery and optimal outcome.
Patients considering breast surgery should also be aware of the potential risks and complications associated with any type of implant. Some of the risks associated with textured breast implants include:
- Capsular contracture: Scar tissue can form around the implant, causing it to feel hard or tight and potentially changing the shape of the breast.
- Implant rupture: Implants can break or leak, which can lead to changes in the appearance of the breast or require surgical removal.
- Implant displacement: The implant may move out of its desired position, potentially causing asymmetry or other issues.
- Infection: Any surgical procedure poses a risk of infection, and breast surgery is no exception.
It’s important to discuss any concerns or questions with your surgeon prior to the procedure, and to closely follow post-operative instructions to minimize the risk of complications. In some cases, additional surgery or treatment may be necessary to address complications that arise after implant surgery.
When it comes to textured implants, it’s also important to be aware of the potential link between these implants and a type of cancer called Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL). This is a rare and treatable type of lymphoma that can develop in the tissue around breast implants.
While the risk of developing BIA-ALCL is considered low, it’s important to be informed about this potential risk and to monitor for any symptoms, which may include pain, swelling, or changes in breast shape or size. If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s important to seek medical attention.
In summary, while there are safe options available for textured breast implants, patients should be aware of the potential risks and complications associated with any type of implant. It’s important to work closely with a qualified plastic surgeon and to follow post-operative instructions to ensure the safest and most effective outcome.
In addition to selecting the safest textured implant, patients should also consider whether breast surgery is right for them in the first place. A good candidate for breast surgery is someone who:
- Has realistic expectations about the outcome of the surgery
- Is in good overall health and does not have any medical conditions that may interfere with the surgery or recovery process
- Does not smoke or is willing to quit smoking prior to the surgery and during the recovery period
- Has fully developed breasts and is at least 18 years old (or 22 years old for silicone implants)
It’s also important to consider the cost of breast surgery, as it is typically not covered by insurance unless it is being performed as part of breast reconstruction after mastectomy. Patients should inquire about the total cost of the procedure, including surgeon’s fees, anesthesia, and any additional costs associated with the surgery.
Overall, breast surgery can be a safe and effective way to enhance your appearance and boost your confidence. However, it’s important to carefully consider all aspects of the procedure and work closely with a qualified plastic surgeon to ensure the best possible outcome.
When choosing a plastic surgeon for breast surgery, it’s important to do your research and select someone who is board-certified and has experience performing the specific type of surgery you are considering.
Here are some tips for finding the right plastic surgeon:
– Research credentials: Look for a surgeon who is board-certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) or the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
- Check their experience: Look for a surgeon who has experience performing the specific type of surgery you are considering, including textured implant surgery.
- Read reviews: Look for reviews from past patients and check the surgeon’s rating with online resources and associations like RealSelf.
- Schedule a consultation: Meet with the surgeon in-person to discuss your goals and ask any questions you may have. This is an opportunity for you to get to know the surgeon and vice versa.
- Check the facility: Ensure that the surgery will be performed in an accredited facility by checking with the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) or the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
By taking the time to research and select the right plastic surgeon, you can help ensure the safest and most successful outcome for your breast surgery.
After breast surgery with textured implants, it’s important to closely follow post-operative instructions to ensure a smooth recovery and optimal outcome.
- Some tips for post-operative care include:
- Take it easy: Avoid strenuous activity and heavy lifting for the first few weeks after surgery to allow your body time to heal.
- Wear a supportive bra: Your surgeon may recommend a certain type of bra to wear after surgery to support the breasts and aid in the healing process.
- Attend follow-up appointments: Attend all follow-up appointments with your surgeon to ensure that your recovery is progressing as expected and to address any concerns or complications.
- Monitor for complications: Keep an eye out for any signs of infection, implant displacement, or other complications and seek medical attention if you experience any symptoms.
- Be patient: It may take several weeks or even months to see the final results of your breast surgery, so be patient and follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully to ensure the best possible outcome.
By taking good care of yourself after surgery and following your surgeon’s instructions closely, you can help ensure a smoother recovery and more attractive final result.
In conclusion, while there are safe options available for textured breast implants, it’s important to carefully consider all aspects of the procedure before making a decision. This includes selecting the safest implant option, choosing the right plastic surgeon, and following all post-operative instructions closely.
Breast surgery can be a life-changing decision that can enhance your appearance and boost your confidence. However, it’s important to do your due diligence and ensure that you are making an informed decision and that you are prepared for the procedure and recovery process.
If you are considering breast surgery with textured implants, be sure to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and determine if this is the right choice for you. With the right preparation and care, you can achieve a successful outcome and enjoy the benefits of breast surgery for years to come.
- Breast Implants – Textured. U.S. Food and Drug Administration, 13 September 2019, https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/breast-implants/breast-implants-textured
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL). American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 6 August 2020, https://www.plasticsurgery.org/patient-safety/breast-implant-safety/bia-alcl-summary
- Breast Implants: What You Need to Know. Mayo Clinic, 30 August 2019, https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/breast-implants/about/pac-20393178
- Important Facts about Breast Augmentation. American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2021, https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/breast-augmentation/important-facts
- Breast Implants: Risks and complications. Mayo Clinic, 30 August 2019, https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/breast-implants/details/risks-cancer-complications/art-20309042
- Breast Augmentation. American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2021, https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/breast-augmentation.