Welcome to the MAKEOVER TRAVEL Web site.
Our Terms & Conditions spell out your access and use of this Site and the information, and other content available on or through this Site. Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using this Site.
By accessing, using or browsing this site or any of the tabs, pages or windows in this site, you indicate that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by this agreement, and that you understand and intend this user agreement to be the legal equivalent of signed, written contract between you and Makeover Travel services and equally binding.
1) OUR COMPANY & SERVICES WE PROVIDE
Makeover Travel is a medical tourism organization in Bolivia specializing in plastic and cosmetic surgery treatments and recuperation packages. Through our website we gather publicly available information and provide this information to you for your personal use in making a more informed decision about your medical treatment options outside the US, Canada or Europe.
2) APPLICATION FOR YOUR PROCEDURE
Patientsí applications sent via our web site or requested by phone call or email are received by Makeover Travelí Patient Information Center. Our advisors are trained to answer general questions about the procedures and terms of the service. If the patient has questions related to medical issues, the advisor will pass the questions on to the professional and the answers back to the patient.
All exchange with the Patient Information Center is free of charge and it does not represent any kind of agreement between Makeover Travel and the patient.
Following the receipt of your general enquiry form and close up photos, you will be able to obtain an all inclusive quotation which includes the cost of the operation tailored to your needs and expectations as well as the tariff of your chosen accommodation.
The amount fixed by Makeover Travel on the first stage is your definitive amount. With makeover Travel there is no hidden costs.
Other medical organizations give you an "estimate quote" that generally changes once you meet your surgeon "after a personal evaluation".
4) YOUR QUOTE
Makeover Travel will prepare the quote of your package, based on a our tariff list.
The total price includes:
- The costs of all the services you are requesting (medical services and Surgical
Procedures / Stay in Clinic / Surgeons fees, Anesthetist fees, and medical team fees / touch-ups /
- Transportation to the hotel / clinics / airport.
- Your stay in a 4**** or 5***** hotel with breakfast included plus all the hotel services
(Internet, gym, sauna, poolÖ).
- The discounts corresponding to each package.
The rate does not include:
- Personal expenses
- Lodging extras (extra nights, beveragesÖ)
- Travel insurance
- Complete blood analysis and all the additional tests and analyses depending on each case (Blood
tests before surgery, cardiology exams, mammograms, mammary exogamies, etc.).
- Air fair
- Medications related or not related to the treatment
- The assistance service and transportation are exclusively for health related purposes.
5) SCHEDULING YOUR TRIP
The Patient Care Center advisors will be in charge of planning the medical trip and they will arrange all the appointments and make the reservations with plastic surgeons, anesthetist, medical team, clinic, medical laboratory, hotel...
Any and all medical information delivered by the interested patient shall be evaluated by our surgeons, which must validate such application in order to receive the requested treatment.
We propose you several ways to book your trip. We clearly specified the different steps in our page "How to schedule your Aesthetic Trip".
Contrary to other medical / hospitals, with Makeover Travel you have the possibility to pay the total amount of your package after your first consultation with your surgeon.
In that case the total amount of your package, should be paid to us by the end of the pre-surgery consultation, after your agreement to undergo surgery and before your intervention.
7) ARRIVAL IN SANTA CRUZ -BOLIVIA-
The patient will arrive at VIRU VIRU (VVI), the International Airport of Santa Cruz.
An assistant will receive the patient and take him/her to the hotel where he/she will stay.
The assistants we provide are not exclusive, they are assigned according to availability. It is possible that one assistant will receive you at the airport whereas another will go with you to the medical consultation.
It is possible for the patient to ask for an exclusive assistant, but this service has an additional cost.
8) ADDITIONAL EXPENSES
If, after your pre-operative consultation, you decide to have additional surgery performed or to carry out your surgery in another clinic / hospital / Medical center; you should express your decision directly to a Makeover Travel agent with the aim of modifying, adjusting, or increasing the package, taking into account the additional expenses.
9) RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS
Prior to any surgical procedure, the Client must sign in the clinic a consent formĖa legal documentĖin which he/she declares his/her express consent to undergo the specified surgery, being fully-aware of the risks arising from said surgical intervention, the Client shall inform his/her Health Care Professional during the pre-operative consultation of any and all the antecedents in his/her clinical history, besides seeking clarification during this consultation regarding any and all doubts with regards to the possible complications, characteristic risks of the surgery and post-operative procedures.
All the corresponding risks to anesthesia, any allergic reactions, and post-operative processes will also be analyzed at this time.
The Health Care Professional will determine if it is feasible to combine several procedures into one single surgical intervention without putting at risk the security and safety of the patient. If necessary, the surgeons will divide any surgical procedure into two or more interventions.
10) SURGICAL GUARANTEE
The difference between us and the others!
At Makeover Travel we stand by the service that we offer believing in quality, client satisfaction and that we have a responsibility to our clients.
Our experience in the Medical Tourism has allowed us to understand the needs of each one of our patients Ė their fears prior to surgery and what they will look like when everything is complete and done.
To relieve your anxiety and ensure you a total peace of mind, Makeover Travel places at your disposal its Full Makeover Guarantee, 100% success.
Before your Surgery.
To prevent all possible medical risks -during and after surgery- (for example clotting and cardiac problems, diabetes, etc.), all patients must fill out a complete Medical History Form, as well as undergo a full set of pre-operative blood work ( Blood formula - Blood group - Haemostasis Urea - Glycemia - Hepatitis B and C - HIV). The blood analysis will have to be performed in your country prior to your arrival.
For some patients, and depending on the surgery, a cardiogram is required.
These preliminary examinations must be made by your own doctor and are not included in the tariffs. As a first step, they are essential to us so that we can confirm that there are no medical reasons for not undergoing the operation. They will complete the medical file that will be presented to your surgeon and anaesthetist during the pre-operatory examination.
After your Surgery.
Our policy regarding the length of stay (each one of our plastic surgery package includes at least from 7 days to 15 days FREE); will ensure that there are no complications and you can come back home safely and without surprises.
In addition to this, we are committed to putting together a Complete Post-Operative Recovery Package, adapted to each patient.
We use the latest treatments and techniques in Laser and Lymphatic drainage to ensure perfect scarring, healing, and pain elimination, thereby speeding up your post-operative care and guaranteeing your full recovery.(They are not included in your basic package, to add it please request a quote based in your personal needs).
A unique Patient Care Guarantee.
Should complications arise (under extremely rare circumstances), there is always an immediate solution.
Immediate postoperative problems can be solved during the patientís stay in the hospital.
If there is a mala praxis and it should be necessary to prolong your stay, with the specific aim of undergoing corrective procedures or to guarantee your full recovery prior to your return, Makeover Travel will cover your hotel expenses, local transportation (hotel, clinic airport) and all post-operative visits related to the corrective surgery for a period of time from 8 to 15 days depending on the procedure or procedures that need to be corrected.
Therefore, our guarantee means that you can rest assured that in the unlikely event that you should require a corrective surgery we will pay fully for the costs of necessary stay, clinic, surgeons, anaesthetist, full medical team, accommodation and hotel bills.
We believe that no other cosmetic surgery clinic abroad guarantees such a complete and professional five star service.
You must remember that with other companies there may well be extra charges which could prove very expensive indeed.
Complications can arise in plastic surgery. Legal recourse usually takes years to resolve. With Makeover Travel court action is not necessary. We are committed to redo your procedure without further delay or additional costs.
NOTE: This guarantee applies to Makeover Travel patients who have booked a plastic surgery procedure through our booking team.
Our Commitment and Guarantee
At Makeover Travel we stand by the service that we offer believing in quality, client satisfaction and that we have a responsibility to our clients long after they have returned home. Makeover Travel provides our clients with the assurances that they are not putting themselves at unnecessary risk by travelling overseas for surgery.
Clients are advised that risks are inherently associated with any surgery, and that clients should be fully informed of those risks prior to electing to undertake surgery at Makeover Travel. Information on surgical, anaesthetic and other risks are detailed in our website, all this information must be fully discuss with their attending surgeon.
If patients are healthy without prior medical conditions and have realistic expectations, follow their surgeonís advice and recovery instructions, then patients should be pleased with their results. If, in the case that a problem does arise as a direct result of the surgery or hospital admission that requires revision surgery, Makeover Travel has a guarantee policy and review process.
As we guide you, we also ask for your help to help yourself with your recovery. If you travel with us for surgery, and accept our advice, your risks will be minimized and you should be very happy with your results. Please view our Shared Responsibility Policy here.
If a patient has a complication then your Makeover Travel assistant should be immediately advised. Please provide full details of the complication along with any evidence such as photos, medical reports or statements.
A review committee consisting of your attending assistant, your Plastic Surgeon, and the Makeover Travel Manager will review the complication.
The review committee will review the evidence and make a determination. This determination will essentially be:
1. Whether the complication is related to surgery, hospital treatment or admission
2. Whether the complication is related to unrealistic expectations of the patient, previous medical or pre existing conditions, the patient not fully following post operative or surgeons instructions
3. Whether the complication is not related to surgery, hospital treatment or admission
After a determination of the above, the amount and extent of responsibility between Makeover Travel and the patient will be allocated. In some cases, responsibility will be 100% allocated to Makeover Travel, in others, 50% to Makeover Travel and 50% to the patient, and in others 100% responsibility to the patient. Allocation of responsibility will be made on a case by case basis.
Makeover Travel will notify the patient of the determination in writing.
If a patient disagrees with the determination, they should immediately notify Makeover Travel, in writing, providing the reasons why they disagree with the determination.
Patient should be aware that:
1. All post-operative advice provided by surgeons, including medication recommendations, restricted activities, follow up care must be followed
2. Compression garments where recommended must be worn according to the surgeons instructions
3. Post operative stays in hotels must be in an approved Makeover Travel hotel
4. In cases that a patient considers to be an emergency, such as acute pain, acute swelling or infection, the client should seek immediate medical assistance calling her or his Makeover Travel assistant. The patient should obtain a medical report or statement detailing the diagnosis, treatment provided and cost of treatment and forward this information to Makeover Travel.
5. Makeover Travel will not reimburse treatment costs .
6. Generally, except in the cases of emergency or acute complications, no determination will be made by Makeover Travel for 1 year following surgery. This is to allow ample time for the minimization of any swelling and to allow normal healing, scar minimization etc
7. No procedures, except in emergencies or acute complications, may be performed by another surgeon without the consent of Makeover Travel.
Patients with any of the following risk factors should ensure that this information has been provided to their surgeon before undertaking any surgical procedure and declared fully and truthfully on the pre admission form, including but not limited to:
1. Patients who smoke or are alcohol or drug dependent
2. Patients outside a healthy BMI range
3. Patients with diabetes or thyroid disease
4. Patients with blood pressure disorders including hypertension, limb ischemia, varicose vein or hemorrhoids
5. Patients with heart conditions including valvular disease or ischemia
6. Patients with renal conditions including chronic renal failure or stone
7. Patients with urinary conditions including benign prostatic hypertrophy, stricture of the urethra
8. Patients with liver conditions including cirrhosis or hepatitis
9. Patients with lung conditions including COPD, asthma or TB
10. Patients with gastrointestinal conditions including peptic ulcer
11. Patients with marrow conditions including dysplastic marrow
12. Patients with nerve conditions including sensory, motor or autonomic disturbance
13. Patients with muscle conditions including weakness, myasthenia-Gravis or Guilain-barre syndrome
14. Patients with uterine conditions including dysmenorrhea and endometriosis
15. Patients with joint conditions including arthritis
16. Patients with eye conditions including glaucoma
17. Patients with psychiatric conditions depression, schizophrenia or anxiety
18. Patients with systemic conditions including autoimmune disease allergy or cancer
19. Patients with degenerative conditions to the spine, bone, joints, eye or brain
20. Patients with keloid scarring problems
21. Patients with vascular or heart problems
22. Patients who take medications which could interfere with recovery
23. Patients who are allergic to medications or other non disclosed allergies
24. Patients who are HIV positive, or have hepatitis or syphilis
Patients should be aware that the following exclusions will not be covered by this guarantee:
1. Inherent risks associated with surgery which are not a result of surgery error, including but not limited to: capsular contracture, skin rippling and double bubble effect (in the case of breast implants), numbness and changes in sensation, Keloid scarring, fibrosis,skin death, asymmetry, seromas.
2. Changes associated with weight gain/loss or pregnancy since the surgery.(Liposuction is excluded of this Surgical Guarantee due to the factor that patients can gain weight during the recovery period and said they had unsuccessful results).
3. Applicable only to patients who have stayed the minimum recommended amount of nights recommended to recovery of the named procedure
4. Case where patients who have been identified and advised that
a) they are high risk
b) surgical outcomes may not be fully attained as expected by the patient
c) prior to surgery, the surgery technique used, or any other factor provided to the patient which may result in a complication. This particularly applies to patients who insist on having a procedure, when they have been informed by the surgeon that the results may not be optimal for example in specific procedures such as: - Silhouette Threading, Rhinoplasty, Cheek Implants, Chin Implants, Buttock Implants, Otoplasty, Liposuction, etc.
5.When the patients doesnít follow the Surgeons Instructions such as avoiding:Physical Effort, Drinkind,Smoking,Consuming Drugs and not taking the Medication prescribed by him.
If after determination, and taking into consideration the conditions and exclusions above, Makeover Travel guarantees in the case of surgery, hospital treatment or admission error, that Makeover Travel will in pay in full or on an agreed costs shared basis with the client:
1. For all hospital, admission, surgical and other costs associated with the revision surgery
2. Hotel accommodation for the time required to be in the original destination for revision surgery. The hotel will be selected by Makeover Travel. Any additional hotel costs, including upgrades to a higher standard or class or hotel, including room upgrades must be paid by the patient.
Makeover Travel will not be responsible for any additional expenses for him or the patientís companion or family.
NOTE: All revision surgery procedures must be finalized within 1 year of the original surgery.
Our Guarantee is valid just before the 15 months after your trip!
If, once the Client has had the pre-operative consultation, the Health Care Professional verifies that exists physiological impediments or if there are very high risks associated with the intervention, Makeover Travel and the Health Care Professional are entitled to refuse to provide the surgical service, and we will only bill for the lodging expenses, local transportation, and contracted services.
If for any reason the Client doesnít arrive on the date mentioned in the contract, the makeover Travel retains the right to cancel the other services or to change the date of the surgery.
If for any reason, the Client decides to interrupt his/her trip, reduce it, or not make use of any of the services offered by the Company, the latter shall not be entitled to reimburse any amount paid.
Should Makeover Travel will have to cancel the Clientís surgery for any reason, Makeover Travel will reimburse the entire amount paid previously.
12) CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY
Before his/her registration with the Company, the Client will have to inform himself/herself of all requirements necessary to arrive in the Bolivia. This information is available upon request from the Bolivian Embassy or Bolivian Consulate in Clientís country of residence.
13) COMPANY & SURGEON RESPONSIBILITY
The surgeons, medical team and its staff assume full responsibility for the medical portion. The patient will not hold Makeover Travel responsible.
The Client recognizes that Makeover Travel bears responsibility and guarantees the Clientís lodging, in which is included breakfast, transport, coordination of medical agenda, coordination of local transportation, and in general Makeover Travel shall establish the necessary contacts for the requested surgery; moreover, this includes the services offered for full post-operative recovery.
The Client recognizes that the Health Care Professional assumes full responsibility for the medical portion before the Company and the Client.
As with any routine precaution when traveling abroad, Makeover Travel advises the Client obtain suitable travel insurance.
When transporting the Client, Makeover travel works with responsible carrier companies that can be deemed reliable by the Client.
Neither Makeover Travel, nor the physician and the medical team, shall be responsible for any medical situation that may occur during the patientís stay, in which they have failed to take part or make any decision whatsoever. For instance, self-medication, performance of piercings and the like.
Makeover Travel reserves the right to make any necessary modification to the content of its website without further notice.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change our Terms & Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of this Site after such changes take effect will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of our new Terms & Conditions.
The user shall be able to access the information in the Website without providing any personal data. However, should the user make any consultation via e-mail, in which case a form must be completed, the personal information provided therein shall be included in a file, to be use only by Makeover Travel, and which purpose is to furnish the information requested, benefiting from the advantages associated to filling in said form and sending the user business offers adjusted to specially fit his/her profile, whether by mail or e-mail.
All personal data filled in by the users in the Website through the form/s shall not be shared or redistributed to third parties.
The information on this web site is only intended as an introduction to various procedures and should not be used to determine whether you will have the procedure performed nor as a guarantee of the result. The best method of determining your options is to consult one of our qualified surgeons who are able to answer specific questions related to your situation.
Intellectual Property Rights: Any and all informative texts concerning treatments and institutional information are Intellectual Property of Makeover Travel, or third parties; and shall not be reproduced, copied, pasted, linked, transmitted, distributed or handled in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever, without previous written authorization given by Makeover Travel, keeping the copyright intact at all times, as well as any other notice of Intellectual Property Rights.